Monday Prayer Meetings
Everyone is welcome to join us!
Our CURRENT prayer focus
You can use this to guide you in leading one of our church prayer sessions or you can use it in your own personal prayer times.
If you feel you have heard from God about any of these topics, then please share that with one of the leaders.
- Scavenger Hunt preparations. For wisdom to prioritise the things that will give maximum return on the day – especially this first time.
- That the Scavenger Hunt day will be a great day for all those who participate with FUN, LAUGHTER and FRIENDSHIP delivered for all ages.
- For the Scavenger Hunt day to be free of technology or organisational hitches and a great foundation for future events.
- That the fruit will be people encouraged and built up from our time together, especially those that are not currently part of the church family.
Other regular prayer topics
- Pray for those who need healing
You should be aware of those in the Ark church Family from news updates on Sundays or in Lifegroups.
- Pray for our leaders in the Ark Church family
For them to have wisdom and to hear from God clearly so that they are able to bring direction and stir faith for change. Include in your praying all those leading different ministries in the church such as social media outreach, Lifegroups, prayer times, Alpha etc
- Pray for those in government
That both local and national governments will to lead with compassion and mercy on the most vulnerable. Remember not only the politicians, but also those supporting them in the civil service and local councils that they might have wisdom and act with integrity in stewarding the resources available to them.
- Pray for any upcoming events
If those events affect our locality, nation or the world it can help to explore whether there are Biblical imperatives that can inform and direct our prayers to see God intervene in those circumstances.
Prayers in the Bible
- 1 Chronicles 4:10 – Jabez’ prayer for blessing and enlargement
- 1 Samuel 2:1-10 – Hannah’s prayer of praise
- Psalm 3 – David’s prayer for deliverance
- Jonah 2:2-9 – Jonah’s prayer for deliverance
- John 17:15 – Jesus prayer to keep us safe rather than take us out of the world
- John 17:20-21 – Jesus prayer for unity among believers
- Romans 15:5-6 – Paul’s prayer to live in peace and unity
- Ephesians 1:17-19a – Paul’s prayer for wisdom, revelation and growing knowledge of God
- Ephesians 3:16-19 – Paul’s prayer for strengthening through the Holy Spirit and a growing understanding of God’s love
- Philippians 1:9-11 – Paul’s prayer for us to abound in love and the fruit of righteousness
- Colossian 1:9b-12 – Paul’s prayer for us to know Gods will so that we can grow and be fruitful
The Prayer Course:
During 2020, the Ark Church Lifegroups worked through the Pete Grieg “Prayer Course”. The website provides a “Toolshed” section for anyone wanting to remind themselves of the key points or to access the additional resources provided.
Books on Prayer:
- Personal prayer: How to Pray: A Simple Guide for Normal People by Pete Grieg
- Corporate prayer: The Prayers of Many by Mike Betts